Easter is Sunday and Melvin Trinidad, aka Chef Smelly, always celebrates in a big way. The stopped by to share a pair of festive recipes. For more great recipes from Melvin, check out his Instagram feed.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried dates, diced
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Mix butter and sugars until creamed (smooth)
3. Add eggs and mix
4. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, then add to wet ingredients and mix.
5. Stir in dates, nuts, and bacon and pour into a well greased 9x13 baking dish.
6. Bake in a 350F oven for 10 minutes then lower to 300 F and bake 30-40 minutes until set and a toothpick comes out dry
7. Let cool for at least an hour, cut into bars, and serve.
- 1/4 Cup 100% calamansi puree
- 1 1/12 ounce vodka
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 3/4 Cup club soda
1. Pour all ingredients over ice, stir, and serve.