The author of "Preservation Pantry", Sarah Marshall showed Kara Mack how to make a grilled cheese sandwich and salad with bacon jam.
Bacon Jam Grilled Cheese & Spring Greens Salad
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Marshall’s Habanero Bacon Jam
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Marshall’s Habanero Bacon Jam
- 2 cups spring green lettuce mix
Instructions for the sandwich:
Warm a heavy bottom skillet, over medium-low heat. Butter each slice of bread. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, into the pan. Stack the mozzarella and cheddar on one side of the bread. Spread the bacon jam on the other side. Place the other slice of bread, butter side up into the sandwich, and press gently. Cover the pan and let cook for 2 minutes, flip when the bread is golden, and press gently. Cook until cheese is melted and both sides are golden.
Instructions for the salad:
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, olive oil, and (room temperature) bacon jam. Pour over the greens and gently toss.