Health & Wellness Expert, Rajiv Harry showed how to make a hamburger without the beef! Click here for more information about Rajiv.
Plant- Based “Beefy” Burgers
These amazing plant- based burgers surprisingly imitate the texture flavor and looks of a real beef burger except without the beef! Packed full of whole grains and superfoods these are a healthier alternative to the traditional Hamburger. With Grilling season upon us these burgers are perfect for your next BBQ!
- -2 cups walnuts raw and halved
- -2 cups brown rice or other grains (ex. Bulgur, freekeh, ect.)
- -8 oz Portobello mushrooms cleaned and rough chopped
- -1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats (use gluten free if allergen)
- -2 TBLS veganaise
- -3 ounces vegan butter chilled and cubed
- -3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- -2 TBLS raw red beets grated on microplane
- -1 TBLS coconut aminos or tamari
- -one small pinch chili flakes
- -salt and pepper to taste ( Suggested salt amount 2 ½ tsp Sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- - your favorite hamburger buns, toppings and sauces
Yield: approx. 6- 4oz burgers
Method of Preparation:
- -process walnuts finely in a food processor and set aside in a large mixing bowl. Process mushrooms, then add butter and pulse until incorporated. Add brown rice, oats, beets, vegan mayo, coconut aminos, garlic, chili flake, salt & pepper and process lightly. Add processed mixture to ground walnuts and mix thoroughly with spatula. Set mixture in the fridge for one hour before forming patties.
- -use a ½ measuring cup or 4 oz scoop and form burgers.
- - heat grill or grill pan over med/hi. Spray with pan spray. Cook patties for approx 4 mins on each side until heated all the way through. Make sure to achieve nice char on each side before flipping. Dress them up with your favorite toppings and Enjoy!