Chef Smelly made Filipino Stir Fried Noodles in honor of Filipino American History month. Click here for information about "Chef Smelly".
Chicken and Shrimp Pancit Bihon
- 16 oz pack of rice stick bihon noodles
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 4 carrots, grated with a food processor
- 1/2 pound green beans, blanched and sliced on the bias
- 1/2 delicata squash, sliced thinly
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons premium oyster sauce
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (preferably dried thai chiles)
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice (substitute lemon juice)
- 1/8 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pork rinds, crushed
- 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
1.Bring chicken broth to a boil. Add soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, then noodles. Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Arrange noodles on a large platter.
2.Preheat a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Pan fry onions, bell pepper, carrots, green beans, squash, 8 minced garlic cloves, salt and pepper to taste for 3-5 minutes. Add chicken and oyster sauce, toss and cook for additional two minutes. Top noodles with stir fry
3.In a large saute pan, melt butter and oil. Add 4 tablespoons of minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and red chili flakes. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes until pink. Add calamansi juice and toss. Strain shrimp from butter sauce. Top noodles with shrimp and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of butter sauce.
4.Garnish dish with green onions, crushed pork rinds, eggs and radish. Serve.