A Bajillian Recipes Food Blogger, Jillian Hatsumi made chocolate covered strawberries brownies. Click here for more information about Jillian.
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Brownies
YIELDS: 16 Squares
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 9 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together melted butter and cocoa powder until smooth and glossy. Whisk in both sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla, stirring until fully incorporated. Switch to a wooden spoon and stir in the dry ingredients, followed by the chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-28 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
4. To make the ganache, place chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Pour heavy cream into a microwave-safe dish/glass measuring cup and heat in the microwave until it begins to boil. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips, cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit 3-5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and whisk until smooth. Allow to cool 10 minutes.
5. To assemble, pour half of the ganache on top of the brownies and smooth out with a knife or offset spatula. Evenly scatter strawberries on top, then drizzle the rest of the ganache over the strawberries. Refrigerate until ganache is mostly set, about 45-60 minutes.