The author of "Craveable Keto Cookbook", Kyndra Holley showed Tra' how to make a pork egg roll in a bowl.
Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
makes 6 servings · prep time: 10 minutes · cook time: 20 minutes
Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl, or “crack slaw,” as it is affectionately called, is a staple in many low-carb, keto, and Paleo diets. It’s packed with flavor and is quick and easy to prepare—on the table in under thirty minutes. You can’t beat that! It also reheats well, making it the perfect dish for meal prep.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 green onions, sliced on the bias (white and green portions separated)
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce or garlic chili sauce, or more to taste
- 1 (14-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos or gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, garlic, and white portions of the green onions to the skillet. Sauté until the green onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
Add the ground pork, ginger, salt, pepper, and Sriracha sauce to the pan. Sauté until the pork is cooked through.
Add the coleslaw mix, coconut aminos, and vinegar and sauté until the coleslaw is tender.
Top with the green parts of the green onions and the sesame seeds before serving. Squirt some additional Sriracha over the top, if desired.
tip: This recipe is also great with ground chicken, beef, or turkey.