"Cook With What You Have Blogger", Katherine Deumling showed us how to make the perfect egg for different purposes...like her creamy, rich egg salad! Click here for more information about Katherine.
Egg Salad with Greens and Herbs
Rich egg salad is perfectly balanced with spicy greens like mustard or mizuna. This dish easily scales up or down so just use what you have.
- 5 just hardboiled eggs, chopped (cover eggs in cold water, bring to a boil and simmer for 8-9 minutes, the longer time if the eggs are bigger, then rinse in cold water and peel)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons, Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 - ½ cup chopped fresh herbs (chives, basil, parsley, tarragon, dill are all wonderful)
- 2 cups tender mustard greens, arugula mizuna, watercress finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, torpedo onions (depending on much you like onion)
- Good, crusty bread
- In a medium bowl stir the aioli/mayonnaise and mustard together then fold in eggs, seasonings and herbs/greens. You can reserve some of the chopped greens and garnish your sandwich with them, or stir them all in. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Lightly toast bread and spread generously with egg salad and top with some chopped greens, if you’d like. Enjoy open faced or not. Drizzle with a little olive oil and a little salt (for the greens) if you’d like.