Deb Knapp shows us how to make Buckeyes!
• 2 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar.
• 1 cup smooth peanut butter.
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted.
• 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
• 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped.
In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, butter, vanilla and confectioners' sugar. The dough will look dry. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
Press a toothpick into the top of each ball (to be used later as the handle for dipping) and chill in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until smooth.
Dip frozen peanut butter balls in chocolate holding onto the toothpick. Leave a small portion of peanut butter showing at the top to make them look like Buckeyes. Put back on the cookie sheet and refrigerate until serving.