Personal Chef Renato Solpietro cooks up his delicious eggplant sandwiches. For more on Renato, CLICK HERE.
- 2 eggplants. ( Let them dry outside – SUN if you can )
- Smoked provola
- Prosciutto crudo
- Flour ( 00 type)
- 4 Eggs
- Bread crumbs
- Cut the eggplants. Slices: medium size.Let them dry outside (sun).
- Put a slice of provola or fontina and prosciutto cotto ( or crudo) and a leave of basil in between 2 slices of eggplant.
- Dip the sandwich in the flower, then in the egg and then in the bread crumbs
- Fry in Extravergin oil of olive or bake for 25 minutes ( on 300 ) – better to fry them of course ;)