Fitness & Nutrition Expert, Rajiv Harry showed Tra' Renee how to make a healthy Mexican dish with a kick. Click here for more information about Rajiv.
Healthy Mexican Quinoa
- •1 TBLS EVOO
- •1 jalapeño diced fine
- •1 cup dried quinoa
- •1 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable broth or water
- •1 can Organic black beans rinsed and drained
- • 1 can organic fire roasted tomatoes ( keep liquid
- • 1 tsp chili powder
- • 3/4 tsp cumin
- •squeeze of 1 lime
- • a pinch of fresh cilantro chopped
- • 1 Whole med sized avocado sliced
Method of Preparation:
- •Preheat large pan to med/hi and add olive oil.
- •add jalapeños and garlic sauté quickly about 20 secs, then add quinoa and toast lightly, approx 2 mins.
- • add dry spices and toast lightly, season with salt and pepper.
- • add beans, fire roasted tomatoes and liquid,
- Stir gently and cover. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Allow to cook for 20 mins
- • to finish the dish sprinkle with fresh cilantro, squeeze of lime and sliced avocado.