The author of "Preservation Pantry", Sarah Marshall made a delicious hearty stew!
Red Pork Posole
- 2 cups beer (preferred IPA)
- 2 cups Liquid Gold Vegetable Stock
- 1 pound pork loin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 cup Cherry Bomb Pepper hot sauce (or Marshall’s Red Chili Lime)
- 1 cup Green Enchilada Sauce (or Marshall’s Serrano Ginger Lemongrass)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked hominy
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the beer and stock into a Dutch oven or s large roasting pan with a lid. Place the pork in the center of the pan and sprinkle with salt and oregano. Surround the pork with Cherry Bomb Pepper Hot Sauce, Green Enchilada Sauce, tomatoes, and hominy. Cover the pan with a lid and roast in the oven for 3 hours.
Remove the pan from the oven and shred the pork with two forks. Pour the soup into bowls. Garnish with cilantro and sliced radishes. Serve with tortillas and lime wedges.