Helen Raptis showed Kara how to make her famous cake pops!
HELEN’S CAKE POPS (with help from a couple of internet recipes)
- - Yellow cake mix: or any flavor you prefer, One box, or homemade, bake cake
- - One can of Frosting: any flavor, or homemade
- - 2 bags of Premium white chocolate candy melts
- - cake pop sticks
- - sprinkles
- - Styrofoam wedge
- -Add cake to a large bowl.
- -Crumble the cake
- -Add in frosting a little bit at a time until cake is moist and can hold a ball shape, yet just slightly crumbly.
- -Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate.
- -Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.
- -Melt 2-4 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.
- -Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and insert into the cake balls about half-way.
- -Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- -Melt the remaining chocolate in a large cup.
- -Remove cake balls from freezer.
- -Dip cake balls into the chocolate until covered.
- -Let the excess chocolate drip off.
- -Add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- -Stick into a styrofoam block to finish setting.
- -Place into the freezer to speed up setting time.