Food Blogger & Bake-a-holic Jillian Hatsumi made decadent monster cookie mini donuts! Click here for Jillian's blog.
Monster Cookie Mini Donuts
For the Donuts
- 1 and 1/2 cups peanut butter cookie mix (dry)*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- For the Frosting
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup whole oats
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini M&Ms
- 1. Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease a mini donut pan** with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter cookie mix and baking soda. Add the egg, butter, and yogurt and stir until combined.
- 3. Transfer batter to a large plastic zip-top bag. Cut the tip off of one of the bottom corners and fill each donut reservoir about halfway up the sides.
- 4. Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes, or until donuts spring back when lightly touched. Allow donuts to cool in donut pan for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer), cream the butter and peanut butter together until light and fluffy. Stir in the vanilla.
- 6. Add the powdered sugar, a 1/2 cup at a time, mixing between each addition. Add the oats and continue mixing just until combined. Stir in milk until you reach desired consistency.
- 7. Frost each donut and top with mini chocolate chips and M&Ms. Donuts will stay fresh sealed in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- *I used a 7.2 ounce package of Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix.
- **If you don’t have a mini donut pan, a mini muffin pan would also work.