Chef Jake Madosik, aka "Jake the Tailgater", shows us his ultimate chili recipe.
- 2 Pounds Ground Buffalo Meat
- 5-8 Cans of Beans (Your choice of variety; I usually choose Black, Pinto, Kidney and Great Northern White Beans)**
- 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 small Can Fire Roasted Green Chiles
- 3-4 Tablespoons Diced Jalapenos(More if you like it hotter)
- 1 Packet of Ranch Seasoning
- 1 Packet of Taco seasoning ***
- 1 Cup water
First you will cook off you Buffalo meat on Medium heat over stove top until browned. Drain fat from meat and place back in pan over medium high heat mix in Taco seasoning and water, heat to boil and then reduce to simmer for about 3-5 minutes. Next pour beans, tomatoes, chiles and jalapenos into pot(or Crockpot) and mix well. Be sure not to drain your beans and pour ever content of the cans into the pot, yes even the bean water. Next mix in packet of ranch seasoning until no lumps are at the top. Begin to cook over medium low heat or set crock pot to low setting(you can set to high if you are watching and wish to eat within 3 hours). Next pour buffalo meat into the chile mix and let simmer or stew in crock pot for 4-8 hours. Remove and serve in bowls with crackers, cheddar and/or sour cream.
** For beans I tend to use beans not from a can, but you must soak over night until tender, still use the water they soaked in for chile base and cook for about 1/2 time.
*** I mix my own taco seasoning as well, however you can use a premix packet as well if you are so inclined.