Professional Chef Andrea Bowers makes her Shaved Celery Salad with Dates and Almonds:
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 8 celery stalks, thinly sliced on a diagonal, leaves separated
- 6 dates, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan shavings
- 1/4 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- fat pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread out almonds on a small rimmed baking sheet; toast, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Let cool; coarsely chop.
Toss almonds, celery, celery leaves, dates, and lemon juice in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add Parmesan, oil and parsley and toss gently; season with red pepper flakes. Serve.