"Hipcooks" author, Monika Reti, stopped by to help us bring a little more green into our St. Patrick's day meals with a recipe for Zucxhini Pasta with Spinach, Almond & Raisin Pesto. For more tasty recipes from Monika, click here.
Saint Patrick’s Day Zucchini Pasta with Spinach, Almond & Raisin Pesto
For the Pesto:
- 1 large handful spinach (save some leaves for garnish)
- 1 small garlic clove
- about 20 raisins, soaked for about 10 minutes in boiling water and drained
- 1/3 cup freshly toasted almond slices (saving some for garnish)
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch of salt
For the Pasta:
- 2 zucchini squash, cut into linguine with a Spiralizer
- blanched asparagus spears (if desired)
Make the pesto by blending all the ingredients and tasting until just right.
Blanch the zucchini pasta in boiling water for about 1 minute and then drain.
Mix the zucchini pasta with the pesto, add a handful of spinach leaves and stir. Plate on a pretty dish with asparagus spears, and scatter with more toasted almonds slices.