Health & Fitness Expert, Rajiv Harry showed Tra'Renee how to make Sweet Potato Hash. Click here for more information about Rajiv.
-2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut not 1/2 inch cubes
-1/2 red onion diced
-1/2 pablano chili diced
-1 whole red bell pepper diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
-2 teaspoons smoked or regular paprika ( depending on preference)
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 4 Tbls EVOO
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
-In large sauce pot add sweet potatoes to salted boiling water. Reduce heat and cook sweet potatoes until tender (10-15 mins). Strain and dry thoroughly.
- Preheat half of the EVOO in large sauté pan on med- high
- add red onion, bell pepper, poblano chile and garlic. season with salt and pepper. sauté lightly (3-5 mins) remove from heat and set aside in separate bowl.
- reheat pan with the rest of EVOO and add sweet potatoes. Allow to brown on one side before stirring (approx 5-7 mins). Add paprika, season with salt and pepper.
-add onion and pepper mix to sweet potatoes. Finish with sprinkling green onions over the top.
-place in your favorite serving dish and ENJOY!
Yield- 4-6 servings
CookTime- 25 minutes
Prep Time- 10 minutes
Total Time - 35 minutes