Chef Melvin Trinidad shares his Munchies recipe. For more on Melvin, CLICK HERE.
Bacon Cheeseburger Fried Rice
Bacon Fried Rice
- 12 ounce package of bacon, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup rendered bacon fat
- 4 cups cooked white rice (leftover cold rice is best)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Place bacon in a cold, large saute pan. Set heat to medium-low. Render bacon until crisp, approximately 10 minutes.
- Strain out bacon and rendered fat into a heatproof bowl.
- Turn heat up to medium-high. Add 1/4 cup bacon fat. Add bacon and saute for 1 minute, then add garlic and saute an additional minute.
- Add rice and stir, coating rice with bacon fat. Stir fry rice 3-5 minutes. Stir in reserved crispy bacon. Divide between 4-6 plates and top with cheeseburger accompaniments
- Cheeseburger Fried Rice toppings
- 2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 dill pickles, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved and tossed in 2 teaspoons of mustard-dill vinaigrette*
- 1/2 red onions, sliced thinly
- 4-6 eggs, cooked sunny-side up
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Drizzle of 7,000 island dressing**
- Combine steak seasoning and ground beef. Place in a large saute pan of medium-high heat and stir fry until cooked through, approximately 7 minutes. Remove beef onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Divide remaining toppings among plates of fried rice
- *mustard-dill vinaigrette:
- mix 1/4 cup yellow mustard, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon minced dill, and season with salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly stream in olive oil until thoroughly blended.
**7,000 island dressing:
- Mix well- 1 cup japanese mayo, 1/4 cup filipino banana ketchup, 2 tablespoons sweet relish, 1 garlic clove grated finely, salt and pepper to taste