Relationship Expert & Sex Coach, Kristine D'Angelo gave tips on how to do your pictures for your online dating profile! Click here for more information about Kristine.
Online Dating: Ways to Improve Your Online Profile
According to DatingAdvice.com, 19% of Brides in 2017 said they met their spouses online. In total, 37% of relationships and marriages begin online. Online dating once had a stigma attached to it but its definitely disappearing and becoming more and more popular way to meet people.
Your photo is the first thing people look at when they visit your profile. All it takes is 1/10 of a second for them to form an opinion about you based off of that first photo. So you've got to put some thought into which photos you choose!
- 1- Limit your number of selfies, avoid them all together if you can. You don't just want photos of you, you want to show that you're connected to friends, family & pets so show 1-2 shots of you and them as well. Now, this is probably the biggest tip I can give- do not put up gym or bathroom selfies! Nobody wants to see that!
- 2- Put up high resolution photos, no blurry or hard to see pictures.
- 3- Use a variety of photos- You want to include a body shot, activity shot, something that shows what you love doing and do not put up cropped photos - cropping out somebody will lead the viewer to question who that was/is.. could be an ex? Don't even give the viewer the opportunity to question who is in that photo with you.
- 4- Above all else- only put up current photos! Nothing older than 6 months. If you've done any online dating at all then you're probably aware that some people don't do this and they show up looking NOTHING like their profile pic.
- 1- Put some thought into your 'About Me'. Writing a simple 'Just Ask' won't get you dates. People are looking at your profile to see if they will be able to connect with you on your interests and hobbies.
- 2- Avoid simple sentences like 'I'm funny' or 'I like to be active'
- Tell your viewers how you like to be active or what makes you funny. Example: I love to hit the mountain during the winter and go snowboarding or I love to go camping in the summer and explore hiking trails. You want the viewer to imagine themselves hiking that trail with you, they're feeling connection to your interests.
- 3- Men! Take charge! If you've connected with somebody and you've had 5-10 consistent messages between you then ask this person out! Confidence is super sexy so by asking her out AND having a plan for your date you're already way ahead of the last guy she dated.. and didn't date again.