If you're wondering what to serve this weekend for a simple, easy breakfast...how about a healthy granola even your kids can help you make! Here to show us how...we welcomed back the author of "The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen", Carolyn Ketchum.
Making your own granola is easy and delicious. This paleo low carb granola recipe whips up in less than 30 minutes. Dairy-free and grain-free.
- • 2 cups nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc)
- • 1 cup mixed seeds (sunflower, pepitas, hemp, etc)
- • 1 cup almond flour
- • 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- • 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener OR coconut sugar
- • 1/2 tsp salt
- • 1/3 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- • 1 egg
- • 1/2 cup cacao nibs
- 1. Preheat oven to 300F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine almonds and other nuts or seeds. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some bigger pieces in there too.
- 3. Transfer to a large bowl and add almond flour, flaked coconut, sweetener of choice, and salt. Drizzle with coconut oil and stir to combine.
- 4. Add egg, and toss until mixture begins to clump together. Stir in cacao nibs
- 5. Spread mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake 20 to 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- 6. Remove and let cool.