Certified Sleep Expert, Lauren Olson talked to Tra'Renee about ways to make your nursery sleep-friendly. Click here for more information about Lauren.
Steps to a Sleep-Friendly Nursery:
- Age suggested when to move baby out of parents room
- Crib Suggestions- no bumpers, baby on back to sleep, nothing in crib, mattress settings & hand me down cribs
- White Noise- going continuously on low rumbling setting
- Dark Room- especially for Early Risers and naps
- Swaddle or Sleep Sack, how to dress baby comfortably in room, one layer or 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit
- Lovey/Security Items over 12+ months
- When to move to a Toddler Bed, minimum age is 2.5 years, minimize toys in room, bolt furniture to walls, etc. (safety)
- Reminders: Have a good routine, stay consistent, united front and lots of love & praise for good sleep manners!