Most people have experienced intuition, but they don’t know where it comes from and they haven’t experienced great success relying on it. But it could be the key in helping you achieve your goals. May McCarthy, author of The Path to Wealth, joined us to share the 7 steps she takes each morning that help her activate her subconscious to help her achieve her goals.
"Good leaders know that for a company to run successfully, managers must set specific, measurable goals and act on any opportunities presented to achieve them," McCarthy explains. "However, just setting the goals is not enough; holding regular planning sessions and reviewing goals is vital for success. The same is true for individual success. Attaining your goals requires identifying clear, specific, and tangible goals and consistently focusing our attention and intention on them."
The 7 steps:
- Put yourself on your calendar. Clear out a time and space each morning to have a morning meeting with yourself.
- Read something that inspires you. As you read about the success of others, your mind will look for ways to make those kinds of successes familiar and normal for you.
- Write a gratitude letter. Express gratitude for what you have and also what you want as though you have already received it.
- Read your gratitude letter out loud. Studies have shown that when we read something out loud, we anchor it into our subconscious, which will help us to notice more possibilities to make our statements true.
- Visualize reaching your goals. Spend up to five minutes with your eyes closed imagining your goals achieved. What will that look like and feel like? Who will be there with you?
- Now, listen to your subconscious mind. After finishing steps 1-5, go on with your day, but expect and watch every moment of the day for a sign, an intuition or a hunch that may lead to unexpected leads and opportunities.
- Celebrate and express gratitude when something good happens that is related to what you want.
For more information, visit May's Facebook page.