It's a Scandinavian staple and a great way to incorporate Oregon blueberries into any meal. Oregon's Culinary Ambassador, Chef Leif Benson stopped by to share his recipe for Oregon Blueberry Soup.
For more tasty recipes using Oregon Blueberries, head to the Oregon Blueberry Commission website.
- 4 cups Oregon Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Pinot Noir
- 1/4 cup Agave or Maple syrup
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- pinch Salt
- 1 TBSP Cornstarch
- 1 TBSP Water
- Combine all ingredients except cornstarch/water slurry, in sauce pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 min.
- Mix cornstarch and water together and add to blueberry mixture to thicken.
- Cool then puree in blender until smooth. Strain if desired.
- Serve chilled, garnish with Greek yogurt, mint sprig .
Yields 4 cups