It's a fun dinner that family members can customize to meet their taste preferences and dietary needs. Julie Hasson, a cookbook author and private chef, shared her recipe go-to tips for perfect pizza!
Quick Toppings Ideas:
- Jarred marinara or tomato basil sauce
- Cheese (like Follow Your Heart mozzarella & smoked gouda), but you can use your favorite variety
- Veggies like: Sliced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, corn, asparagus, broccoli, sliced raw garlic, spinach, kale, and potatoes
- Greek olives, sliced
- Roasted garlic
- Fresh herbs (basil, cilantro, or parsley to sprinkle on hot baked pizza)
- Fresh arugula (sprinkle over baked pizza)
Thai Peanut Pizza Sauce
This pizza sauce is from my Vegan Pizza book, and is one I’ve been making for years. The flavors are fantastic and vibrant, and it goes together really quickly. Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro or basil over the baked pizza.
Makes enough sauce for 1 large or 2 small pizzas
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (such as Sriracha-style)
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 small bunch scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Chopped cilantro or fresh basil leaves (or Thai basil), thinly sliced into strips, for garnish
In a small or medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, hoisin sauce, hot water, garlic, hot sauce and agave. Stir until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Spread on pizza dough before baking.
Recipe adapted from VEGAN PIZZA, by Julie Hasson, 2013, Running Press
For more great food information and delicious recipes, visit Julie's blog.