It's a great way to get moist, flavorful chicken breasts! The Cowboy Cook Jeff Tracy joined us to share a recipe he calls "A Few Clucks More".
For more recipe ideas, visit Jeff's website.
A Few Clucks More (or Less)
- 6 skinless chicken breasts
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 6 T. tomato, chopped
- 6 T. mild chilies, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 C. bread crumbs
- Italian or pesto seasoning
- Parmesan cheese (the real stuff not that canned pseudo junk)
- Smoked Gouda
- Take a chicken breast and pound it so it looks like it’s been run over a couple of times.
- Take one prosciutto slice and lay it gently on the breast.
- Sprinkle some of your favorite Italian or Pesto seasoning on it.
- Grate some Parmesan and smoked Gouda on top of the seasoning.
- Take one teaspoon of the tomatoes and chilies or one tablespoon of each, if you like things with a little more zip to it, and put it one the top of the cheese and spread it out in the middle.
- Grate a bit more of the two cheeses and a dash more of the Italian spices.
- Now roll this up like you would a pastry and place in a baking pan. Continue with remaining chicken breasts.
- Coat each with egg wash. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dash a bit more of the seasoning on top.
- Bake at 400-degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve with a Bérnaise sauce and a side of roasted red potato or rice.