Feast Portland is a world-class event celebrating Oregon's bounty and the chefs and artisans who do some pretty amazing things with it. Chef Carlo Lamagna joined us to share the charity mission behind the big event along with a delicious breakfast dish with filipino roots.
- Feast Portland
- September 14-17
- Various Venues
To purchase tickets or find out more about Feast Portland, visit the website.
Crispy Pork Belly with Brown Sugar Glaze, Egg, Garlic Fried Rice & Grilled Cilantro Relish
Crispy pork belly
- 2 lbs. skin on pork belly
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 ea bay leaf
- 1/4 cup of distilled vinegar
- 1 qt water
- Place pork belly and all the ingredients into a pot. Make sure the belly is covered completely in water.
- Gently simmer for about 1.5 - 2 hours until meat is tender but not falling apart.
- Remove belly and refrigerate overnight.
- Brush the meat of the belly with some soy sauce. Pierce skin with a fork and brush with a little vinegar.
- Roast belly skin side up in an oven at 375F until skin is crisp and golden brown
Brown sugar glaze
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
Combine all ingredients and cook until thick
Grilled Cilantro Relish
Tie Cilantro into bunches, toss it in olive oil with some Meyer lemon slices and jalapeno, grill it all, and then chop it all together with a splash of fish sauce or soy sauce and olive oil to taste.