They're a perfect snack, whether served alongside cocktails as an appetizer, or just eaten out of hand. Julie Hasson, author of the cookbook Vegan Casseroles, joined us to share her recipe for super delicious and healthy chickpeas!
Crispy Air-Fried Garlic Rosemary Chickpeas
Serves 2 to 4 as a snack
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Fresh minced rosemary, about 1 teaspoon
- Lightly spray your air fryer basket or tray with oil. Scoop the rinsed chickpeas out on paper towels and careful dry them. In a bowl, mix together the chickpeas, olive oil, garlic, salt, and rosemary, coating the chickpeas well. Transfer the chickpeas to the prepared air fryer basket or tray.
- Air fry until the chickpeas are browned and crispy, shaking or tossing the chickpeas halfway through, about 15 minutes (depending on your model, it could be as fast as 12 minutes, or as long as 20). They will still be a little tender in the center, but will crisp up more when cool. If they aren’t crispy enough when they cool or they soften a little upon standing, simply re-crisp them in the air fryer for a few minutes.
- To make in the oven: Preheat the oven to 400F, and bake 20-30 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Curry Coconut: Omit rosemary, garlic and olive oil, and add 2 teaspoons curry powder plus 1 tablespoon melted virgin coconut oil.
- Jalapeno Lime: Omit rosemary and add the zest of one lime plus minced fresh jalapeno to taste. You can use olive or melted coconut oil.
Copyright 2017 Julie Hasson
For more great information or recipes, visit Julie's website.