It's a low-carb meal you can make it minutes and it's also easy to tailor to any eater! Carolyn Ketchum, author of the new cookbook, Easy Keto Dinners, and "All Day I Dream About Food" blogger, joined us to share her recipe that can be served over everything from cauliflower rice to tortilla chips!
Chicken Enchilada Skillet
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast, cut into large chunks OR 3 to 4 cups rotisserie chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the butter and brown about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cook 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and remove about half of the chicken broth from the pan. Whisk the tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne into the remaining broth in the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in the sour cream until well combined. Stir in the chicken. Sprinkle the top with the cheese and cover the pan until melted, about 5 minutes.