It's a dessert filled with sunshine! Julie Hasson, cookbook author and private chef, joined us to share a recipe that tastes great and is healthy too!
Julie’s Easy Meyer Lemon Mousse
This lemon mousse is going to knock your socks off! It is so full of fresh lemon flavor, and it's pretty healthy too. You can make the mousse up to 1 day ahead. If you want to make the mousse even fancier, you can layer it as a parfait with fresh raspberries and ground cookie crumbs (grind them in your blender!).
- 1 12.3 ounce box MoriNu silken Firm Tofu
- 1/2 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice (or regular lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes or overnight
- 1 teaspoon Boyajian lemon oil (optional, but gives the mousse a bigger lemon kick)
- 2 tablespoons Instant Clearjel or EZ Gel (instant cornstarch)*
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In the blender jar, combine the tofu, lemon juice, sugar, cashews, and lemon oil. Blend until super smooth and fluffy. You will probably need to scrape down the sides of the blender. Once the mixture is smooth, with the machine running on low speed, add the Instant Clearjel through the top of the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the lemon zest and pulse several times to incorporate. You don't want to over-blend the zest.
- Refrigerate the mousse for several hours, and then serve. You can serve it in small glasses or canning jars, or layer with fresh raspberries and graham cracker or vanilla cookie crumbs.
*If you don’t have the instant starch, you can omit it. The difference will be a slightly softer set pudding rather than a mousse. The flavor will be the same.
Copyright © 2018 Julie Hasson
For more great food information and delicious recipes, visit Julie's website.