it's a quick and easy way to have dinner on the table when you get home! Culinary Instructor Rachel Fredricks share how to make slow cooker baked potatoes and create a topping bar.
Crock Pot “Baked” Potatoes
- Russet Potatoes, approximately the same size
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Wash potatoes and prick all over with a fork. Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each potato individually in foil. Place potatoes in crock pot, no need to add any liquid.
- Large potatoes will take about 5 hours on high setting and 8+ hours on low setting. I like to create a “snake” of foil to coil up in the bottom of the crock pot as to not let the potatoes touch the bottom, can create over-done spots.
- You can use same method for sweet potatoes, but they cook faster. 3-4 hours on high. 6 hours on low.
Create a Baked Potato Bar and top with favorite toppings:
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Sunflower seeds
- Taco meat
- Spaghetti sauce