Tiffany Kent, Author of the blog, "Table to Soul,” stopped by to share a refreshing and filling spring salad recipe.
Springtime Pearl Couscous Salad
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups halved purple or red seedless grapes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ c. fresh orange juice
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fresh kale or spinach
- Grilled chicken
1. Cook 1 cup pearl couscous according to package directions. (This usually requires boiling water and couscous at a high temperature, then reducing to a simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until water has dissipated.) Set aside.
2. Make the dressing: combine 2 tbsp. EVOO, ¼ freshly squeezed orange juice, pepper, and sea salt in a small dish and set aside.
3. Chop asparagus into 2” lengths. Add olive oil to a sautéing pan along with garlic salt. Sautee for 5-7 minutes, then sprinkle lemon juice over.
4. Chop grapes into halves lengthwise.
5. In a large bowl, mix together pearled couscous, asparagus, and grapes. Pour dressing over and toss to evenly coat. Add in parmesan cheese. If desired, add in fresh kale or spinach before serving. Top with grilled chicken if preferred!
6. This can be stored for up to three days in an airtight container in the refrigerator! Enjoy!