In February, 2017, Trent Dolyniuk was diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer. Needless to say, eating has become a challenge... but he's still cooking up a storm. The restaurateur, cook, and author of the blog, "The Terminal Chef" stopped by to share his crowd-pleasing recipe for The Mac Daddy.
For a link to Trent's blog, click here.
The Mac Daddy
- Pulled Pork, Boneless Pork Shoulder or Pork Butt placed in a covered roasting dish seasoned with your favorite dry rub, put in a 275 degree oven overnight, pull apart when just warm to the touch in the morning.
- # box of Ditalini Pasta Cooked and Drained 1# Package Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese 8oz. Package shredded Italian Blend Cheeses 12oz. Processed Swiss Singles Chopped into cubes
- 1 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tbl. Dry Mustard
Cook pasta and pour over cheese and mustard mix while it is hot, mix thoroughly until cheese is just melted. Pour Mac into two Bread loaf pans lined with plastic wrap, then place in the refrigerator overnight. The Next day you can turn out the molded mac and cut slices for frying.
Lay on piece of seared mac down, pile on some pulled pork dressed with BBQ sauce, and lid with another piece of seared mac
And you have a Mac Daddy from Columbia County Brewing!
- 1 half head green cabbage
- 1 small can crushed Pineapple
- 1/2 cup Chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 cup Chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 Tbl. vegetable oil
- 4 Tbl. Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
- salt to taste