Eva Kosmas Flores loves to cook with seasonal ingredients from her garden. She stopped by to share one of her favorite recipes from her blog, 'Adventures in Cooking." For more great recipes, head to "Adventures in Cooking."
DIY Veggie Taco Bar
By Eva Kosmas Flores of AdventuresInCooking.com
Veggie Taco Filling
2 (15-ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into roughly 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flake sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
Veggie Taco Bar
- 2 cups chopped cabbage, lettuce, or arugula
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup full fat greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 8 (6-inch) tortillas, warmed
For the filling, preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, toss together the garbanzo beans, sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, cumin, ancho chili powder, and chipotle chili powder until combined. Spread the mixture out on two large baking sheets and roast it in the oven until the beans are slightly crispy on the exterior and the sweet potatoes are soft when pricked with a fork, about 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer the cooked filling to a bowl.
For the taco bar, place all the desired condiments in bowls out on a flat clean surface and start making your own tacos. Enjoy!