Embrace colorful makeup -- no matter what your age! Makeup Artist, Emily Mercer, stopped by to show us how to do it.
Nikki - 30's
• Use colored glitters and highlighters to really stand out! If you're at an outdoor venue listening to your favorite band, pumping up the volume on your makeup is a statement! The sky is the limit on how much to add...just find a color palette you love and experiment!
• If you are wanting to experiment but are afraid it will overpower the face, stick to a few features and keep the rest simple! In this example we are amping up the eyes and skin so a nude low-maintenance lip is the go to!
- Urban decay moon dust eye shadow
- Anastasia Beverly Hills aurora glow kit, NYX nude liner and urban decay vice lip gloss
Amanda - 40's
• Graphic colored eyeliner adds visual interest without taking over! Heading to happy hour with your friends, you want to tie in the colors of summer without coming off like a clown! There are liquid liners of every color you can imagine and the options for the eye design are endless!
• We want to keep the face as fresh as possible, so to add more color without the weight, let's change up our texture to a nice glossy lip! We have a wash of subtle color while creating the vibes of summer heat with the dewy finish!
- Urban decay razor sharp liquid liner
- ABH aurora glow kit
- Too faced melted high shine lipstick
Chikeola - 50's
• An ELECTRIC bright lip is the show stopper at the neighborhood block party! Our lips are the focus of this look, really accentuating the shape and bringing brightness to the face! We need balance as well so the overall look doesn't look "off", so tying in the bright hue into the cheeks and cheekbones is a must!
• To keep the look from being overpowering, the eyes are extremely simple while tying in a touch of the undertones from our BOLD lips to create a cohesive and confident statement!
- Too faced melted matte lipstick
- ABH blush trio
- Julep creme to powder eye shadow stick