Whether you're getting ready for a Christmas party or planning a glam New Year's Eve night out, you want to look your best. Meghan Hamilton, professional makeup artist & aesthetician, joined us to share a few easy ways to look fabulous for the holidays:
- Picking the right shade of red lipstick can be tricky! Should you go orange, cranberry, deep blue based red or crimson? Depending on your skin tone and eye makeup, your lip can be the star of the show instead of ruining your look.
- Using a wand like a pro! Hair wands can be intimidating, but once you get the hang of it they are so easy and make sure your hairstyle lasts for days. Alternating towards your face and away from your face plus twisting the hair vs. laying it flat can make all the difference.
- Wearing glitter as a grown up. Want that shimmer without looking juvenile? Try a pop of glitter on the inner corner of your eye, or under your lower lash line!
- Compliment your makeup with your outfit. Worried about looking overdone with your holiday outfit? It is all about balance! Glitzy, glittery outfit? Go with a matte look! All black with statement jewelry? Go with a complimentary metallic tone on your lids!
- Applying false lashes on your own. This is one of the trickiest things to do on your own, but once you master it, you will be applying false lashes in no time! Angle your mirror below your chin so that your full eye width is obvious…. Let the glue get tacky and with tweezers, apply them directly in the center of the eye. Pull on either end to adjust, and voila!