Looking great on your big day-- from a wedding to a high school reunion-- takes preparation. Meghan Hamilton, professional makeup artist & aesthetician, joined us to share a few ways to ensure you look your best:
- Waxing: Focus on getting your brows in perfect shape if you have been guilty of over-tweezing or over-waxing! A fuller brow is a more youthful brow. Also, look into full face waxing. Since your face is such focal point of the day, your makeup will wear so much smoother with less facial hair. It’s not as scary as it sounds, and your skin is exfoliated & baby smooth for your big day!
- In Salon Skincare: Your makeup is exponentially more smooth and perfect when the skin underneath it is soft and supple. Getting regular facials is a great way to take off layers of dead skin and uncover your natural radiance. Try light Alpha & Beta Hydroxy Acid facials and microdermabrasion.
- At Home Skincare: Using sunscreen is a big deal in the Northwest, but the damage you can do to your skin in the warm summer months can dehydrate and discolor your skin more than any other time of year. In addition to at home exfoliation and hydration to maintain your glowing facial results, make sure you are using a high quality sunscreen whenever you are outside!
- Hair Care: Invest in hydrating hair masks and quality hair care! It’s the foundation to a great hair style on your big day! And do you want fuller thicker hair? Consider clip-in extensions! Many of the beautiful, big hairstyles found on Pinterest are actually chalk full of extensions! The clip-ins are an easy, low-commitment option that maintains the integrity of your natural look and can be used for years to come!
- Communication: If you're using professional services, this is 90% of the battle in achieving your perfect look! Really hone in on your personal style, the vibe of your dress, décor of the party, etc. and let those influence your hair and makeup style. Select two inspiration pictures for your stylist to use, and use really descriptive words to identify what you like best about each look. You can even utilize pictures of yourself from the past when you looked and felt your best.