International beauty secrets from around the world! Makeup Artist and Esthetician Meghan Hamilton joined us to share some of the hottest new beauty trends:
- Drinkable collagen peptides- Collagen helps our skin look plumped and healthy- in this case your beauty is really shining through from the inside out! It’s said to help you get firm, youthful skin, thicker hair, and stronger nails. Plus, Reduces wrinkles and cellulite!
- Silk Scrub Buds- silkworm cocoons, are one of the more popular methods in Japan for removing dead skin and unclogging pores. (The amino acids and proteins in the silk are similar to those in skin, which makes them a great natural exfoliator.)
- Oil cleansers- When massaged into the skin using clean/ dry hands, oils in the cleanser bind to surface impurities [pulling out dirt without clogging pores] and allow them to be comfortably rinsed away leaving the skin clean, soft and hydrated. So, cleansing oil does not sink into your pores since it works to remove impurities and then gets washed away. Watch your makeup melt away, and follow up with a foamy cleanser if needed!
- Micellar Waters- a gentle French cleansing method that uses tiny micelle particles (instead of soap and alcohol) to remove makeup, sebum, and impurities from the skin. Yeah, it looks and feels like plain old water, but it’s made up of gentle microscopic oil molecules called micelles suspended in soft water that attach to dirt, grime, makeup, and other gunk your skin has going on. But instead of foaming and stripping your complexion like soap and cleansers, micelles dissolve the bad stuff, while keeping the good stuff on your skin intact.
- Rose Quartz Stones for Facial Massage- This technique increases blood flow and circulation to the face, helping to tone facial muscles and smooth fine lines. The increased circulation and blood flow provides proteins, nutrients, and oxygen for better healing and cell turnover, promoting glowing, vibrant skin. Facial massaging helps to stimulate lymphatic drainage, detoxifying the skin and reducing puffiness in the face and around the eyes. A truly luxe facial massage experience.