Did you make a New Year's resolution to get healthy? Portland fitness expert Betina Gozo joined us to share some simple ways to incorporate healthy activities into your day:
- Make your own food at home - this doesn’t have to be a gourmet meal, it can be as simple as making your own sandwich. You’ll know what is on your food, and you’ll be less likely to binge order :)
- Drink more water (minimum of 8 glasses a day) - buy a water bottle that you love or don’t mind carrying around, depending on the size, be sure to give yourself a goal of how many times you need to fill it up a day!
- Get up from your desk every 20 minutes - whether it to be to fill up your coffee (or water bottle!) or to just get up and stretch
- Find a someone that has similar goals to you and hold each other accountable for them
- Mind health is just as important as your nutrition and fitness. A ways to keep your stress levels down and keep a health mind: write 3 things you are thankful for every day or things that make you happy. OR start a meditation practice. Think of your mind as a muscle just like exercising, it won’t always be easy in the beginning, but you’ll be better at it
- Get a gym membership to a studio that offers classes. When you get a gym membership that offers classes, you’ll have a community behind you, plus set times to go with set workouts to do. When you get a big box gym membership, it’s easy to back out because you either won’t know what kind of work out to do, you may not have a set time and no one will be holding you accountable.
For more information, visit Betina's website.