When you think you're too busy to work out, sneak it into your everyday activities! Fitness Expert, Beth Oliver, stopped by to show us how easy it can be.
For more inspiration from Beth, follow her on Instagram.
Fun Ways To Sneak Activity Into Everyday Life
As we head toward a new year many of us start thinking about making New Year's resolutions and often those have to do with getting back into a fitness routine. That’s great of course, but why wait until then to get active? Even the busiest of us can work more activity into our life simply by assigning a simple movement or exercise to everyday movements.
- Stand on 1 leg while brushing teeth, I minute each leg.
- 10 squats and twist before each meal.
- 10 tricep dips on the edge of the bed before you get dressed.
- 10 incline push ups on the edge of the kitchen counter before you load the dishwasher.
- Alternating mountain climbers and bicycle twists during the first commercial of your favorite show.
- Alternating butt squeezes and abdominal contractions while at stop lights when you are driving.
It seems a little simple, does it really work?
• Any extra movement is good, and it does all add up.
• It can be fun and silly and a good way to get your family in on something together.
• It doesn’t take much activity to actually feel better immediately, like when you stand up and intuitively stretch after you’ve been sitting too long.
• Most importantly it is hard to create a new habit…that’s why people struggle when they set big goals that involve behavior change. This is a great way to create small changes that are easy and fun to do. If we can associate change with a positive emotion, then our chances of success are much better. What we are really doing here is teaching ourselves to enjoy be active on a regular basis.