Chronic illness comes with stress, and Chronic Resilience provides a complete self-help blueprint for managing the difficulties chronic illness presents. Certified life coach and speaker Danea Horn, who suffers from chronic kidney disease, infertility, and other demanding health challenges due to a birth disorder, offers techniques and ways to rebound from the pressures of having a body that's doing things you wish you could control.
Chronic Resilience shows how to:
- Stop pushing yourself so hard.
- Use research to empower - not frighten - yourself.
- Let yourself be pissed!
- Train your troops in how to care for you.
- Cultivate focus and flexibility.
- Find things to be grateful for.
- Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
Each chapter also contains highlights of interviews with women dealing with chronic health issues ranging from cancer to organ transplant, Crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), MS, Cushing's disease, diabetes, and others.