Recipe by Carrie Minns, La Pomme de Portland
Serves: 1 (but easily doubled) | Prep time: 5 minutes
- 12 blueberries, plus extra for garnish
- 8 fresh mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup*
- 1 oz. (2 tablespoons) light rum
- Handful of ice cubes
- 3 oz. ( 1/2 cup) club soda
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Combine blueberries, mint leaves, lime juice, rum, and simple syrup in the bottom of a tall glass. Crush, or muddle, these ingredients together.
Add a handful of ice cubes, pour in club soda, and stir.
Garnish with a few blueberries, a sprig of mint, and a lime wedge. Enjoy!
For a kid-friendly version: Omit lime juice, rum, and club soda. In place of club soda, add 1/2 cup lemonade and 1/4 cup sparkling water.
*For Simple Syrup: Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer until sugar dissolves, 3 minutes. Cool completely before using. Store in the refrigerator.