Chef Tse's Dover Sole with Crunchy Summer Salad
With summer just around the corner, this fresh and flavorful dish comes together in about 30 minutes. Substitute any of the vegetables in the salad for seasonal favorites like asparagus, cucumber, beans or even tomatoes. If you can't find sole, try any light flakey fish such as snapper.
- 1/2 medium shallot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
- 8 Dover Sole fillets, about 2 to 3 ounces each
- 1/4 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 16 sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shaved into ribbon with vegetable peeler
- 5 radishes, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub bottom of an 8x8 Pyrex baking dish with butter. Sprinkle shallot over top and pour in wine. Season fish lightly with salt. Starting with end of one fillet, roll fish up and place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat with remaining fish. Bake in oven until fish is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes depending on thickness of fillets.
In a medium bowl, toss together remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide salad among plates and place two fish fillets on each plate. Spoon some of sauce in baking dish over fish and serve immediately.