- 4 ouncescream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese (finely grated)
- 1 cup roasted red bell pepper, pureed (or substitute a 8-oz. of jarred pimentos)
- 1 large clove garlic, finely grated (or substitute 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional mix-ins. Add a few tablespoons minced fresh onion, a chopped green jalapeo, a scoop of sweet pickle relish or minced dill peppers, finely chopped olives, chopped toasted pecans, herbs, curry powder, or celery seed.
- Mix the mayo and cream cheese together in a bowl with a fork until thoroughly blended.
- Add cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix. Taste and adjust flavorings as you see fit.
- Chill for a few hours to let the flavors marry. Set out about 15 minutes before serving so it will soften a bit.