This recipe courtesy of Sharon Wiest, Executive Chef, Culinary Center in Lincoln City
- 12 eggs, large
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Hot sauce (tabasco) to taste
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Old Bay seasoning (optional) to taste
- To center the yolks, turn the carton of eggs on its side in the refrigerator the day before you plan to cook the eggs.
- To cook, place eggs in medium saucepan, cover with 1" of water, and bring to boil over high heat.
- Remove pan from heat, cover, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain off water and cool with cold water. When cool transfer hold in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise.
- Transfer yolks to fine-mesh sieve and use spatula to press them through sieve and into bowl. Add remaining ingredients except crab, mashing mixture against sides of bowl until smooth.
- Gently fold in 3/4 of the crab. Season to taste.
- Arrange whites on serving platter and fill with yolk mixture, mounding filling about 1/2" above whites. Top each with a little crab