This recipe courtesy of The Sexy Vegan's Happy Hour at Home by Brian Patton
- 4 Black Mission figs, quartered lengthwise
- 6 fluid ounces (4 shots) gin
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces (1 shot) dry vermouth
- 4 teaspoons agave nectar
- Ice cubes
- 8 fluid ounces hibiscus kombucha
- Chill four martini glasses (see note below).
- Cut a small slit in the bottom of four of the fig pieces, set them side.
- In a mixing glass, combine the gin, vermouth, agave nectar, and remaining fig pieces.
- Mash these ingredients with a muddler.
- Add a handful of ice cubes and the kombucha. With a long spoon, stir well.
- Strain into the chilled martini glasses, and place a fig piece on the rim of each glass.
NOTE: To chill glasses, place a few ice cubes in each glass and fill with water. Set the glasses aside while you prepare the cocktails. When you're ready to pour, discard the ice water from the chilled glasses, shake them out to get rid of most of the excess water (a little is okay), then pour or strain your cocktail into the chilled glasses.