Green Smoothies for Spring Cleaning
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 3 mins Total time: 8 mins
Serves: 4 small glasses or 2 big ones
What I love about smoothies is the fact that you can toss almost any combination of fruit and greens in a blender and it's bound to be tasty. Well, except for the one time I decided to get crazy and add half a head of romaine lettuce in there. My kids were not thrilled. But, speaking of my kids, they love this one.green and all. They prefer a little more of the coconut oil and honey. I prefer a little less. And as a bonus, this smoothie is naturally gluten and dairy free. Cheers!
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 Granny Smith green apple, sliced
- a generous handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp honey (I use Hanna's Honey Lavender Blossom)
- 1 1/2 cups diced frozen mango
- 1 cup ice
- Put the orange juice, banana, apple, spinach, coconut oil, honey and frozen mango in your blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add ice.Once again, blend until smooth.
- Pour in a glass. Slap in a straw. Enjoy.