Hinode Thai Fried Rice
- 1 tray (10.6-ounces) Hinode Heat and Serve Jasmine Rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced shitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp, roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced on a bias
- 1/2 lime
Peel the top film of the rice tray back to the dashed line. Heat on HIGH in microwave for 2 minutes, gently peel the entire film cover off of the rice; set rice aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or large saut pan over medium high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender, 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cherry tomatoes, and stir-fry until the tomatoes begin to collapse, 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and continue to cook until they begin to turn pink, 1 minute.
Push the shrimp and vegetable mixture to one side of the wok or pan. Put the remaining tablespoon of oil in the pan, add the rice, and cook, stirring with a spatula to break up any clumps, until the rice is lightly seared, 1 minute.
Add the fish sauce and soy sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Remove the wok or pan from the burner, add the basil and cilantro, and toss to combine. Serve immediately, garnished with the cucumbers and a squeeze of lime.