Julie's Dark Chocolate TrufflesThese chocolates are not only amazingly delicious, but are also gluten-free, vegan and dairy-free too! They make a perfect gift for Valentine's Day, or anytime that you want an out-of-this-world dark chocolate treat.
- 8 oz coarsely chopped good quality dairy-free dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup coconut milk, or as needed
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and soymilk and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir chocolate mixture and if necessary, microwave for another 30 seconds, or until chocolate is almost melted (not completely melted or it may burn). Remove chocolate from microwave and stir until smooth and shiny.
- Let chocolate cool for about 15 minutes and then refrigerate for several hours, or until chocolate is firm enough to scoop.
- Place cocoa powder in a shallow bowl. Scoop chilled chocolate mixture by heaping teaspoons and shape into balls. Roll balls into cocoa powder and place in mini muffin cups. Store truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.