Julie's Peanut Noodles
These noodles are delicious, and are perfect for a barbecue, lunch or potluck with friends.
- 1 pound dried rice stick noodles or spaghetti
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 to 6 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce, as needed
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 to 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce, or to taste
- 2 cups thinly shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the noodles until they are al dente. Drain and rinse noodles. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender jar, add peanut butter, soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, agave syrup and Sriracha sauce. Blend sauce until it's smooth and creamy. This might take a few minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl. Pour peanut sauce over the noodles, tossing well so that noodles are well coated with sauce. Add shredded cabbage, carrots, cilantro, scallions and sesame seeds, tossing until mixed. Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.
Tip: If not serving noodles right away, refrigerate until ready to serve. If sauce on noodles gets too thick to serve, add 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water, mixing or tossing well.
Copyright 2014 Julie Hasson