Bananas Foster Parfait featuring Libert Mditerrane French Vanilla Yogurt with Chef Vitaly Paley
Makes two 12-ounce glasses
6 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. rye whiskey
1 Tbsp. butter
2 containers of Libert Mditerrane French Vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
1. In a saut pan, combine brown sugar, whiskey and butter.Over low heat, cook to melt sugar. Continue simmering until thick and syrupy.
2. Peel the bananas and cut each in thirds then each third split lengthwise, for a total of 12 pieces. Add the bananas to the pan and cook until just soft.
3. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
4. In a clear glass, spoon half a container of Libert Mditerrane yogurt. Top with 3 banana pieces and a sprinkle of nuts.
5. Spoon remaining yogurt over, then 3 more bananas and some of the pan syrup and a last sprinkle of nuts.
6. Repeat with second glass.
Chef Vitaly Paley is the Chef & Owner of Paley's Place, Imperial and Portland Penny Diner. James Beard Award-winning chef and noted cookbook author. Has appeared as a victor on Food Network's Iron Chef America.